Thursday, April 10, 2014

finally Rahul Agarwal Did it

DATE: 9th Feb
TIME: 11:30 PM
MISSION: INFILTRATING THE GIRLS HOSTEL


“I can’t believe I actually agreed to this plan of yours,” Virat said as we stood near the wall of the 4th block getting ready to execute our plan.

“Shut up,” I told Virat. “I didn’t force you to join.”

“Oh now really?” Virat said. “Then who was it who kept nagging me all night till I agreed to be part of this fiasco-to- be.”
“I asked you to be part of the plan,” I told Virat. “I didn’t ask you enter the girl’s hostel with me. You can back out if you want. I can enter the girl’s hostel on my own.”

“No,” Virat said, indignant. “You are not entering the girl’s hostel without me.”

“Tharki saala,” I said looking sharply at Virat.

The plan was made 3 days ago. Unable to think of anything else I thought perhaps this indeed was the best idea. Sheetal had said it in jest but the more I thought about, the more serious the plan began to get. I knew it was complete madness and we risked our entire careers on this one move but then-love was madness, wasn’t it? So without any further thinking I decided that this was the course of action I was going to follow. So I started forming a plan on how to enter the girl’s hostel. The first thing I realized was that I couldn’t do this on my own. I would need someone on the outside who would watch out for me while I tried to accomplish the greatest feat ever by a MITian. It was every boy’s dream ever since they enter the gates of the college-to jump across those walls and enter what many regarded as heaven-the girls hostel.

There were 5 of them-1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 13th block. The 1st and 2nd block were mostly for the 1st years while the seniors occupied the 3rd and 4th block. 13th block, which was the most lavish hostel in all of MIT was for anyone and everyone who could afford it. It was an 11 storey building and represented more of a 5 star hotel than a college hostel. And our target to infiltrate and accomplish the greatest mission ever undertaken by a MITian-yes, 13TH block. Anjali occupied a room on the 5th floor of the 13th block that was all the knowledge I had. So even if I managed to enter the hostel, I wasn’t exactly sure how I was going to find her. The hostel was right in between the remaining four girl’s hostels so the task was going to be that much more difficult as I could be visible to the guards of all the 5 hostels. Also, entering the gates of 13th block was one thing, entering the hostel itself was an altogether different matter.

The thing was there was a distance of approximately 10 meters between the gates and the hostel itself. In between was a plain pathway that led to the door of the hostel and to cross that pathway without being detected involved the biggest risk. In order to observe that pathway completely, I had stood outside the 13th block for the last 2 days, observing the hostel while pretending that I was listening to Anjali. The observation wasn’t of much help. Just inside the gates, there was a servant quarter on either side and after that nothing. Just the pathway and the sight of my abode-the 13th block. So the plan was simple, all I had to do was jump across the gates and sneak up to the block as much as I could praying that no one would spot me. In order to execute the first part of the plan that is to enter the gates of the 13th block, I needed someone to distract the guard and if possible lead him away from where he usually sat. That’s where Virat came in. I nagged him until he agreed to distract the guard and accomplish my plan. But then just when I thought I had everything figured out Virat said that he wasn’t letting me enter the girl’s hostel alone. Said that it was the biggest dream of his life and he didn’t care if he got rusticated from the college but if I was entering the girl’s hostel then so was he. I knew Virat was a liability in this plan but then there was something called the bro code and being my best friend I had no choice but to agree.



So now we had to get someone else to distract the guard. Rishabh was the man we approached. He seemed baffled at first but once I explained he situation to him, he readily agreed. Besides-he wasn’t really at risk. All he had to do was distract the guard. The next part of our plan involved someone signaling to us that the guard was no more a danger. For that part we approached our classmate, Aarav who had been part of our hanging out group quite often. He immediately agreed as he loved nothing more than to break rules and challenge authorities. And with this our plan was set. Or at least the initial part of it. For entering the girl’s hostel was just one part of the plan. There was more to it.

But then the more I started thinking about the plan, the more paranoid I began to get. I would dream of crossing those gates and running towards the 13th block, Anjali just waiting at the entrance of the hostel, her arms opened and waiting for me. I would run, run for my life, run like I had never run before and just as I was about to reach the doorsteps of the hostel I would feel a bullet hitting me at the back.

To top it all Beethoven’s 13th symphony would play in the background giving the whole dream an opera feel. I would turn around to see who had shot me and I would see a battalion of the guards of MIT, all their guns aimed at me and standing in the middle of them as their leader was Virat- all dressed up in a general’s clothes and with an evil grin on his face. I wouldn’t believe the sight, looking stunned seeing my own best friend turning into my murderer. He would look at me, giving me that evil smile again and say “fire!”

The guards, as if all belonging to the Indian national army would immediately fire and a spray of bullets would hit me one by one making me fall to the ground covered with my own blood. I would try and reach Anjali, to touch her one last time, to tell her that I love her but then Virat would walk up to my dying body and kick me in the stomach. He would then take Anjali in his arms and kiss her passionately. I would look on stunned not believing my own eyes, seeing my own best friend and the love of my life kissing so passionately in front of me breaking me forever.

Still trying to breathe I would say, “How?” Virat and Anjali would just laugh at me, laugh like they had planned it long ago, like this was they way of getting me killed for some unknown reason. Virat would then take out a pistol and giving me that evil smile once more aim to shoot at me. It would be then that Anjali would hold out her hand and take the pistol away from Virat. ‘I knew it,’ I would say to myself. ‘Anjali would never let me get killed. She does love me.’ Anjali would then smile at me and looking at Virat would say, ‘let me do the honours darling.’ Virat would kiss her again and say, ‘please be my guest.’ Then they would start laughing again, that maniacal laugh of theirs tearing in to my ear drums while I gasped for breathe and then Anjali would aim the gun at me. I would beg for mercy, asking her not do it, telling her that I loved her but she would only laugh more and a few seconds later would shoot. The sound of the bullet would shatter the silence of the night and lay my body to rest forever.

‘Oye-where did you get lost?’ I hear Rishabh say bringing me back to reality.

“Nothing,” I said gulping as I remembered the dream.
“So are we ready?” I said a few seconds later.

“I don’t know,” Virat drawled. “We could get rusticated you know.”

“Virat-don’t be a sissy. If you don’t want to go, then you can back out,” I said firmly.

“Yeah, we can switch places,” Aarav said.

“Yeah,” I said thinking, “I would prefer Aarav coming in with me than you Virat.”

“No…no way,” Virat said. “If there’s anyone entering the 13th block tonight, it’s me.”

“Then stop acting like a sissy,” I told Virat.

"Yeah, yeah, alright," Virat said trying to drive me away.

“Alright,” I said when the topic of Virat’s cowardice was over. “Do we have the cake?”

“Yup,” Rishabh replied showing me the box in which the cake was.

“Fine,” I said smiling at Rishabh. “Virat-you are carrying the cake.”

Rishabh handed over the cake to Virat who took it after much deliberation.

“Aarav,” I said looking at him, “do you have the torch with which you are going to signal us that the guard isn’t there anymore?”

“Yup,” Aarav said showing the torch.

“And batteries?”

“Check,” Aarav said flashing the torch.

“Good,” I said acting as if I was the squadron leader of a battalion about to go on a war mission.

“Gentlemen,” I said, “this is it. This right here is going to be the most defining moments of our lives. If we accomplish what we have set out to do today, then the whole of MIT will remember us forever. As heroes. As men the entire MIT will look up to forever. As the men who entered the threshold of the girl’s hostel, went in, conquered it and came out alive. Gentlemen, if we are successful tonight, then we’ll be legends. People will sing our sings, children will hear stories about us and we will enter into the MIT folklore for ever. So-are you ready?”

I laid out my hand. Everyone joined in and cheered like we were about to invade another country. We formed a group huddle and as we separated I looked at each one of them and said, “Gentleme-it’s time.”

We took our respective positions waiting for each part of the plan to be executed before making the final move. Me and Virat, the men at most risk, hid in the shadows of 1st block, waiting for Aarav’s signal. Aarav was standing just outside on the 4th block which was to the other side of the 13th block and was watching all the action as Rishabh want about trying to distract the guard. Rishabh on the other hand went straight to 13th block, his duty to indulge the guard in some sort of conversation and lead him away from where the guards usually sit. We couldn’t see what Rishabh was doing so we patiently waited for Aarav’s signal-two flashes of the torch and it was clear to go. We told him to update us every ten minutes so if the guard was still there then Aarav would just flash the torch once every ten minutes indicating that the path wasn’t clear yet. Once Rishabh had done the task at hand, Aarav would flash twice and it would be go time.

“You know,” Virat said as we waited for Aarav’s signal, “I don’t like black forest so much. I would have preferred a chocolate cake.”

“Yeah, well-it’s not for you,” I told Virat while looking apprehensively around to see if any one could locate us here.

“So what?” he said. “I am still going to eat it, aren’t I?”

“So?” I asked

“So as your best friend, you should have got me a chocolate cake. It’s not that Anjali would mind having a chocolate cake on her birthday.”

“Black forest is her favorite,” I said, “so I got her a black forest cake.”

We saw the first flash. We waited for the second one but it never came. So dejectedly, knowing that Rishabh hadn’t been successful yet from prying away the guard, we went back to waiting for Aarav’s two flashes.

“What do you think will happen if we get caught?” Virat said after another 5 minutes of waiting.

“I don’t know,” I told him frustratingly. I was in no mood for chit chat.

“I think we could get rusticated from the college you know,” he told me after a while.

“No-we won’t,” I replied him calmly.

“Why?” he asked me. This was getting irritating.

“Because Virat,” I told him, “we have no disciplinary records to speak of-ok? Also because we both have very decent GPA’s in this place so even if we do get caught, when we get the DISCO, they would look at our GPA’s and the absence of a disciplinary record and probably let us off with a week suspension or something.”

“A week’s suspension?” Virat said horrified.

Another flash of the torch. I silenced Virat hoping to see a second one. But once again it never came. ‘Damn!’ I thought to myself. ‘How long was Rishabh going to take?’


“A week’s suspension?” Virat repeated his dialogue that he had said before the flash of the light. “You know what will happen if my parents come to know that I tried to break into the girls’ hostel?”

“What?” I asked as I had no choice.

“They’ll think I am some sort of sleazy scum bag who watches blue films for entertainment,” he said. “And they’ll probably cancel my admission from here and house train me again like I was some sort of dog.”

I laughed. “I would have to agree on the dog part.”

“You think it’s a joke?” he said haughtily.

Another flash of the light. I silenced Virat again watching out for the second one. And it did. Two flashes in a row. I and Virat looked at each other. This was it. Suddenly I felt a huge knot in the pit of my stomach. Virat gulped as well.
We were excited but we knew the dangers. If we got caught then we were done. And now that it was time to either execute the plan or perish doing it, that realization hit us like a bolt from the blue. If we went ahead with this plan, then there was no looking back. It was either do or die. Once we stepped out of the shadows of this place we could no longer back out. Now or never.

“You ready?” I said looking nervously at Virat.

Virat breathed heavily twice before answering. “Yeah, yeah…I think so,” he said nervously.

“You can back out even now if you want,” I told him just in case he felt too nervous.

“No no,” he said wiping the sweat from his forehead. “I am alright.”

I knew he wasn’t alright. But then neither was I. “Fine,” I told him as I tried to calm myself down. “Let’s go.”

We stepped out of the shadows of the 1st block. A few meters away we could see that the chair of the guard of 13th block was empty. Rishabh had succeeded in his job. So had Aarav. Now it was our turn. The entire success of this mission now lied on our heads. If we failed then the mission failed. If we succeeded then we’ll talking about this incident for days to come and laugh about it proudly.

We slowly approached the gates of the 13th block. Luckily, there was no one around the hostel. Usually you could find couples or just a group of friends hanging outside the girls hostel sitting on the parapet outside the gate. But today it was empty. Most of the couples were sitting near the basket ball court at Kamath Circle which was just a few metres away from here or outside the Campus stores which was on the opposite side of the street directly facing 3rd block. We saw Aarav standing on top of the guard’s cottage grinning at us broadly. He gave us two thumbs up and mouthed, ‘best of luck,’ as if we were some sort of war heroes. We gave him thumbs up back and said, ‘thanks.’

The gate was now directly in front of us-unattended, unguarded. All we had to do was cross it. Looking on at the pathway to the hostel I suddenly remembered the dream again. I remembered Virat as the general shouting fire to a battalion of MIT guards who sprayed me with bullets. I remembered trying to reach Anjali only to see Virat grab her and then watch them indulge in a passionate kiss. I remembered Virat drawing out that pistol to shoot at me only for Anjali to take it away and laugh at my fallen body before killing me.

“Oye-you still there?” Virat asked me bringing me back to reality.

“Huh? Yeah…yeah,” I said nervously. ‘Virat could never shoot me,’ I told myself. ‘He was my best friend.’

“What happened to you?” Virat asked.

“Nothing,” I said squeakily. Then just out of curiosity I asked, “you would never shoot me, right Virat?”

“Eh? Shoot you?’ Virat said surprised. “As in with a gun?”

“Yeah,” I said wiping the sweat from my forehead.

Virat laughed. “First chance I get,” he said puffing up his chest.

I gulped some more. ‘He’s joking,’ I thought trying to calm myself down. ‘He would never kill me. He’s me best friend,’ I repeated.

“Why are you me asking that?” Virat asked a few seconds later.

“No…nothing,” I said again then trying to get away from the topic I asked Virat, “You want to go in first?”

“Ummm…”Virat said trying to inhale some ear. “Yeah, yeah, I want to be the first guy to cross the threshold of the 13th block.”

“Any particular reason?” I whispered.

“Yup,” he said puffing up his chests and trying to act confidently. “Everyone remembers that Lace Armstrong was the first man to land on the moon and Edmund Hillary was the first person to climb Mount Everest. But no one remembers the people who went with them although they did probably just a few seconds or minutes later. So I want people to remember me as the first person to climb the gates of 13th block and not as the inconsequential second person.”

I gaped at him open mouthed. My God-he was taking all this so seriously. “Jeez Virat,” I said, “Have you also thought of a line you are going to say when you cross the gate? Something like a small step for boys and a giant leap for boyhood?”

“I was thinking about that,” Virat said. “In fact I was even thinking of getting a flag as a sign of us conquering…”

“Shut up Virat,” I said cutting him off frm any further blabber. “Go in fast if you want to be the first.”

“Alright, alright. Take the cake will you?” he said handing over the cake to me.

“Why?” I asked surprised, taking the cake in my hand.

“So that I can climb the gates dufus,” he said putting out his hands on the gate to climb it.

“But…” I began.

“Sssshhh…” Virat silenced me as he started climbing over the gates. I looked on as Virat held on to the gates with his hands before putting on both his legs on a small wedge which divided the gate into two and climb it. I wasn’t sure this was such a good idea. But then this was Virat. So I didn’t dare say anything and let him indulge himself in his heroics. Virat climbed on to the small wedge and then held the top of the gate. He then again put up his feet trying to climb to the upper half of the gate. But there was no wedge to support him this time as he struggled to get his feet onto the top of the gate. Aarav looked on at him as if he couldn’t believe what he was seeing. I almost felt like laughing as Virat struggled to get onto the gate.

Aarav signaled to me asking me ‘what is this guy thinking?’ I told him to just keep watching. Virat struggle for a few more minutes but to no avail. I then decided that I had seen enough. I looked up at Aarav and mouthed, ‘watch me.’ Aarav knew what I was going to do so he just grinned at me. I then slowly walked over to the small opening on the left of the gate which was the usual entrance for the girls to the hostel. The big gate was usually locked at all times and was opened only if a big vehicle had to enter. For all other purposed the smaller gate on the left was used which was just wide enough for one person to walk through. I pushed open the smaller gate and walked in. I had entered the 13th block. Now there definitely was no looking back.

I walked up the main gate and looked on at a hapless Virat still trying to climb the gate. He finally saw me looking at him and he had this bewildered expression his face as to how I had got in. “How?” he asked me after he had registered the fact that I was indeed looking at him from the other side of the gate.

I gave him a grin and pointed at the smaller gate. Virat looked angrily at me for letting him make a fool out of himself but I just gave him another huge grin. He climbed off the gate glaring at me angrily. He then walked over to the smaller entrance and pushing the gate open walked in.

“I thought that gate was supposed to be closed after 11,” he told me when he got in. I handed over the cake back to him. “Yeah, it is,” I told him.

“Then how the hell is it open now?” he asked me.

“Since when did any one follow the hostel rules and regulations in this place?” I answered back.

“Damn Manipal,” Virat said while actually just cursing himself for acting stupid. Aarav who had come down now was laughing away silently. Virat saw him and glared at him. Aarav gave another huge grin to Virat. I then looked at Aarav and mouthed, ‘be ready to execute the next part of the plan and pray that we come out alive.’

Aarav smiled and said, ‘Aye aye captain.’

I and Virat then started walking towards our final destination. We went by the corners in the hope to avoid any of the girls who would be wandering around on their cell phones talking to their boyfriends or who had just come out for some fresh air.

We were halfway through the distance that we needed to cover when we first laid eyes on a girl who was walking about the pathway dressed in tees and shorts and talking on the cell. We tried to quietly steer away from her trying our best not to be visible but it was an open pathway and there was no way we could hide from her once she realized that there were 2 boys walking where they were not supposed to be. We slowly skipped away from her with her still on the phone, probably too busy coochi-cooing with her boyfriend to notice us. Then just as we were thinking that we had crossed our first huddle, we noticed her staring at us, her cell phone a few inches away from her ear, her mouth open in complete surprise.

“Oopsie!” Virat said.

“Keep walking, act as if there’s nothing wrong,” I whispered to him prying my eyes away from the girl hoping she would go back to talking sweet nothings with her boyfriend on the phone.

“Okies,” Virat said as we began to walk again. This time we weren’t tip toeing instead we walked normally as if we had come to this place for some work. Our clothes thought were a total give way for who else dresses in Metallica t-shirts and denim jeans with Reebok shoes but students. Yet we continued walking while she continued staring at us open mouthed. As long as she didn’t make any noise we were fine.

Near the entrance of the hostel, there were a bunch of girl sitting and chit chatting. As we reached closer to the entrance we still didn’t know how we were going to make it past that bunch of girls sitting at the entrance.

“We should have dressed up as girls,” Virat whispered as we reached closer.

“Shut up,” I told Virat. “This isn’t the movie 'Style.' I wasn’t going to dress up in a mini skirt and come here, if that’s what you mean.”

“Oh yeah,” Virat whispered back. “You don’t mind seeing girls dressed up in mini skirts but you have a problem doing so yourself-hypocrite.”

“What?” I said shocked at what Virat was talking about. “Do you have any idea what you are even talking about Virat?”

“Actually no,” Viat whispered. “All I know is that we are a few minutes away from getting rusticated. That’s it-this is the end of our careers.”

“Shut up and just walk calmly-okay?” I told Virat.

“Calmly?” Virat whispered his voice getting louder. “Those girls are sitting right at the entrance dude. How on earth are we going to get past them?”

“Just act normally okay? We reach there, we smile at them, nod t them and walk past them as f we come here daily. They’ll get confused a bit but seeing us walk in so confidently, they’ll probably think maybe we have been allowed to come here or something. So just act normally and hope that we get lucky,” I told Virat.

“Man-you know how much your entire plan depends on luck?” he said.

“Just do it,” I said getting irritated.

“Fine…fine,” Virat whispered as we reached the entrance of 13th block.

They were six of them sitting on either side of the entrance and as soon as we reached closer to the entrance all 6 of them started staring at us open mouthed. I smiled at all 6 of them and nodded as if I came here everyday. ‘Damn! If there was even one recognizable among them I would be sure I could escape this,’ I thought to myself as I continued smiling at them. Virat continued doing the same thing only thing he was fidgeting so badly I was afraid he would have a nervous break down any moment. The girls didn’t smile or nod back. They just continued to stare at us open mouthed and look at each other as if asking who were these guys entering a girls block at mid night. I was afraid that they could stop us any moment or worse just scream and call everyone here. That would sure mean the end of our careers.

But nothing happened. The girls only started and let us walk into the hostel. We were officially in 13th block now. We looked at each other and beamed. “Good work,” Virat told me beaming his pride on entering the 13th block reflecting on the huge smile on his face. Even if he did get rusticated now at least he could tell that he had entered 13th block and seen how it looks from the inside.

Straight ahead was the lift. We slowly went near the lift, hit the button and then just kept our faces hidden towards the wall. Some girls passed by in the corridor but besides the odd stare no one had screamed yet. Luckily.

The gate of the lift opened and without looking back we stepped in. I hit the 5th floor button and prayed that the door of the lift would close before anyone else decided to join us. 5 seconds later the doors closed. “What now?” Virat whispered.

“We go find Anjali,” I told Virat.

“Find?” Virat said flummoxed. “Can’t you message her or something to tell her to come out of her room? I think seeing you in the corridor would be a good enough surprise for her.”

“Yeah, that’s what I was about to do,” I told Virat as I searched my pockets for my cell. Nothing. A wallet. A bunch of keys. A piece of paper. And nothing. No cell. “Shit!” I whispered.

“What now?” Virat asked.

“I forgot my cell in the room,” I told Virat.

“Oh My God!” Virat said almost crying. “You did find the perfect time to forget your cell didn’t you? God-this is it. One of the girls is going to scream and it’s sayonara MIT for us.”

“Just be calm Virat,” I told him although I wasn’t calm myself. “We’ll scream out her name if needed.”

“Oh yeah sure-scream out her name-don’t you?? So that the entire floor comes out to watch you serenade to your love.”

“Wait,” Virat said all of a sudden. “Stupid me. You can call her from my cell right?”

“I can,” I replied slowly. “Provided you have her number.”

“You don’t remember it?” Virat asked his expression slowly going into a crying mode again.

“Ummm…no,” I said.

“Oh my God! We are so dead…we are so dead,” Virat started crying. I went to console him but then he suddenly jumped at me and grabbed my throat with his hands. He started suffocating me as I struggle for air. “Aaaarrrgghhhh,” he screamed. “I am so going to kill you Rahul Agarwal,” he said still grabbing my throat.

“I….am….sorry…” I managed to gasp out.

“Sorry?” Virat said holding my throat even tighter now. “You say you love this girl and you don’t even remember her number? You bring me all the way inside the girl’s hostel, you don’t have your cell, you don’t remember her damn number, you don’t know her room… this was your plan to get me killed wasn’t it? Well guess what, I am not going to die alone. Before dying Rahul Agarwal, I will ensure that you die with me. Muhahahaha…”

“Aaaakkk…yaaaakkkk…” was all I could muster as I tried to free my throat from his clutches.

The door of the lift opened. With me all strangled up and Virat still holding my throat. I noticed two girls standing on the outside waiting for the lift. As soon as the door of the lift opened, they saw us, Virat trying to murder me in a girl’s hostel lift and the thing we feared most followed. “Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa,” the girl screamed through the entire corridor.

Rahul left me and we both ran out of the lift looking for the staircase out of here. Then I remembered the cake was still inside the lift which Virat had dropped on the floor in the process of trying to murder me. I ran back to grab the cake. “Where are you going?” Virat screamed running after me.

“The cake,” I replied as I ran into the lift and picked up the cake.

“Damn you!” Rahul said turning back the other way now running towards the staircase.

Doors of the varios rooms on the 5th floor started opening. They had heard the scream and they saw us running so it wasn’t difficult for them to put two and two together and guess what was happening.

They ran after us screaming. We got to the stairs first and jumped a floor down, the girls chasing us like a pack of hounds. I guess we had always wanted to girls to chase after us-but this was taking things a bit too literally.
We jumped the first flight of stairs the girls behind us, trying to grab us by any means possible. I felt a few of them touching my hair but that’s the best they could do. At least for now.

As we jumped the first flight of stairs we saw that on the other side of the second flight of stairs girls were already out wondering what the commotion was. They saw us and knew what was happening. They formed a chain at the staircase blocking out way. We saw them, looked at each other and immediately knew what to do. We went back, took a runway and then jumped at the horde of girls in front of us. This was like our dream turned into a nightmare. We had always wanted to get chased by girls but we had never imagined that this was how we were going to be chased by them. We had always wanted to jump into a girl’s arms but so many arms? God help us. As we jumped at the girls they didn’t scatter as we had expected them to but instead just stood there waiting to catch us. They knew that we were going to try this. They caught us-hair, hands, t-shirt anything they could grab and lay their hands on and started pulling us apart like we were rag dolls. We tried to escape again but they again grabbed us, some of them even scratching us with their long nails to try and stop us.

“Ladies, easy ladies, go easy ladies,” I said trying to plead to them.

Virat on the other hand looked lost. “Mummmmyyyyy,” he started crying as the girls ripped him apart. “Mummmmyyyyy,” he cried again.

‘What is this guy thinking?’ I thought to myself as the girls nails continued to dig into my skin. “Ouch!” I screamed among all the commotion.

“Virat Mathur and Rahul Agarwal?” drawled a familiar voice after what seemed like eternity. The girls all now held us by our hands but stepped aside to see who had spoken. It was Sheetal with the most stunned expression on her face. I and Virat looked at each other. ‘We are dead,’ we both mouthed simultaneously.

“Hey Sheetal,” I smiled nervously.

No comments: