Sunday, March 23, 2014

Rahul Agrawal

Rahul AgrawalWell, that was my life. Rahul Agrawal’s life. A 21 year old mechanical engineering student of Manipal Institute of Technology. 5 feet 11 inches, average looking, well built hunk. I loved girls. What would the world do without them? Those pretty eyes, that beautiful face, that glowing skin, those long legs-ah well, I just couldn’t imagine how could any one not love them? Every time I laid my eyes on a hot looking mama, I could just imagine how good we would make as a couple. Yup, you could pretty much call me an obnoxious, self-centered, over confident guy. But then, every other guy on the street was like me. I mean come on, when a guy sees a girl for the 1st time; do you know what he is thinking? And I am talking about every boy…every average Joe, every Tom, Dick and Harry. The moment we see a hot looking babe walk by, the 1st thought that goes across our minds is, “how good would she look naked.” That’s an honest to God’s opinion. Of course as time goes by and you come to know a particular girl, your thoughts about her might change. But the 1st time you see a mini skirted babe walk by, or you are introduced to a figure hugging, gown wearing lady or just a beautiful girl in a sari, the reaction is always the same.



Just that in my case, they were well publicized facts about me since I happen to be a bit popular with the female sex. Every guy thinks the same way I do-difference between me and them? I get to do what I think, most of them don’t. So those guys who didn’t get to do all this of course bitched about me behind my back. They would talk about how big a flirt I am, about how I have no respect for women and all that crap while wishing they were living my life.

And of course, none of the bitching was true. I was a flirt, yes-but I have enormous respect for women. And when I thought of breaking off a relationship, I would think a thousand times through because I knew I would be hurting somebody. And that’s why I gave every relationship a chance till the last moment. I always tried to break up in the most amicable manner possible; to try and remain friends despite our history. Yet-I never got the opportunity to do that. Every one of my ex-girl friend’s hated me now and I assure you that’s not how I wanted things to be. The thing was that my happy go lucky nature and my hyper activity always made people presume that I couldn’t take mature decisions. So every break up that I had had to be because I was seeing some one else or simply that I was tired of the relationship. And neither was true.

So what was the problem? Was I commitment phobic? Well, at my age, you hardly think about commitment. You are having a relationship and just try and keep the ball rolling and having fun in that relationship while you can. At 21 your girl friend doesn’t exactly pester you about marriage or kids. And if she did, then she had problems and not me.

So, I was as committed as every other guy during my relationships. While in a relationship I never dated any one else or even tried to. I was always faithful hoping the best comes out of it.

The problem was that I was a complete romantic. Sure, I lost my virginity at 19 but in this day and age, pre marital sex happens. Welcome to the 21st century. And just because you are sleeping with a girl doesn’t mean you are in there just for the sex. Every one seems to know that I was sleeping with the girl I dated so every one presumed that I was just a guy who took advantage of girls and then left them. Not true. I loved all of them or thought I did. And that’s where the problem lies. I always believed I would meet this girl whom I would fall heads over heels in love with and I would fight the world for her and that there would be this sparkling chemistry between us that would make people turn around and say, “There goes a couple that was made for each other.” Too many films? Yeah, maybe. I believe in romance. Am I wrong? I believe in Raj and Simran, in Rahul and Anjali, in Ross and Rachel. I believed in true love. It was just unfortunate that every time I had thought I had found it, I had been wrong.

And just for the record, the girl I lost my virginity to was my 4th girl friend so I hadn’t slept with the first three. See, I am not that bad.

1 comment:

jiya mehta said...

Not bad??? Realllyyy??? He is badddd.... Hw cn he slept wid girl for whom he is not sure whethr he lvd or not?? Huhhh.. Btw its gonna awsm nd as usual u described it very welll...